Friday, May 21, 2010

December 5 20003

It’s been such a quiet day today. Jae got her driver’s license 10 days ago and since has been driving herself to work, errands, and once to one of her classes at Foothills. But today is the first chance I’ve had to feel the benefits of her newfound freedom.
Last week we were busy with Thanksgiving, followed by a busy weekend. This week I have taken Jae to her Monday and Thursday college classes (don’t want her parking in the distant lots and walking by herself). Tuesday I spent the day with Amy first taking her to a doctor appt for a sprained right ankle. We got out of the doctor's near lunch time so we called Dave and he met us at SubMarina. After lunch Amy and I ran some errands, finishing just in time to pick Kirstie and Kyle up from school.
Wednesday found me with Robyn at an oral surgeon's office at the Kaiser facility in San Diego.

Today was the first chance I’ve had to take a breath! Here it is December, four months into the school year and I am just starting to get serious about Robyn's schooling. This morning I was able to get her lessons planned for the next four weeks and staring Monday we can get on track. I’m so grateful for Jim’s patience with me so far this year. As our overseeing teacher he is usually hounding me about Robyn's monthly study logs every time I see him, teasing me even when I'm not late.
This year I just haven't had the energy or presence of mind to get her lesson plans in order or to grab her and sit her down at the table to get the work done every day. She has had a lot of alternative schooling thanks to the workshops offered by the school and from watching the History and Discovery Channels.

It looks like it’s going to be a tough school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment