Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 9, 2004

Dave and I have decided to rent a bounce house for the party. There will be more than a dozen kids here looking for something fun to do. At so many parties we end up with unintentional damage from rowdy kids. This time they can spend all that energy literally bouncing off walls!
I started calling around today, hoping one will be available on short notice. The first three numbers just had an answering machine pick up and I didn’t feel like leaving a message. The forth call was to American Bounce Co and I got a real human being on the line! Dan said that, yes, they have several bouncers available for July 24th.
"Do you happen to have any, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?" (Steve’s favorite) Sadly, they didn’t.
“Is this for a birthday party?” Dan asked me.
I paused a moment before quipping, “No. More like a death day party."
After three seconds of stunned silence on the other end I went on to explain the reason for our celebration. He came back with, “Well, that’s a first for us! You know we do have a Spiderman available for that date. They’re pretty popular now.”
“Well, how ‘bout that! That was another of my son’s favorites! Too bad you don’t have Mulder and Scully from the X-Files! That would have been PERFECT!”

This is going to be a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment