Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Current~ March 2, 2010

Tonight my daughter-in-law, Marisa, asked me what scriptures I found most comforting as I was muddling throught the early days after Steve died. Now, I learn more by my gut than by my brain, so I tend to FEEL what I learn more than remember.(That's why I can never try out for Jeopardy!) I could only tell her that there were two promises that got me through~God will never give me more than I can bear (1 Cor 10:13 ~No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it) and He will turn my sorrow into joy (among others~ Jer 31:13 I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow) (OK~ I cheated. My granddaughter, Kyle, gave me the Jerimiah and I Googled the other scripture!)

In my situation, the "temptation" that could have seized me might have been losing faith (God couldn't heal my son) or being angry with God (why didn't God heal my son?).
On a map of life these are endless traffic circles that get more and more congested as time goes by. Eventually you run out of gas and have gotten nowhere. Sometimes faith is hard but in the big picture, it's so much easier than any other option. Which leads me to the other other pin that held me together...

The other thing that helped me more than anything was knowing that I did not have to be strong. In my weakness Christ would be my strength. He is the only strength I needed then or will ever need. God's promises are sure. I still miss my son, but I have newfound joy in the knowlege that I will see him again in a bright, healthy (spirit) body!

Back to the tough stuff tomorrow...but it gets better. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment